B-THAT Vision: A community that fosters a safe, healthy and unified environment for youth to grow, connect and build a positive future.
Bucoda-Tenino Healthy Action Team (B-THAT) supports Tenino and Bucoda youth to reduce drug and alcohol use through education, building relationships and promoting positive, healthy futures. Started in 2011, B-THAT formed to prevent youth substance abuse and advance the health and wellbeing of Tenino and Bucoda youth. Made up of concerned community volunteers, B-THAT members drive change in the Tenino and Bucoda communities, adopting research-based approaches to improve family communication, enhance community connection and promote youth safety and success. We host free, family-friendly events such as family nights out and parenting courses. B-THAT funds Nurse Family Partnership, a proven approach to improving the overall health of first time moms and babies in the short term and for years to come!
Get Involved with B-THAT
If you share the spirit of our mission and goals, you can help make a difference today:
- Attend a coalition meeting (3rd Monday of the month, 5:15 to 7:15 p.m., at Tenino Middle School unless otherwise indicated).
- Discuss the issues, help find solutions. Join the coalition.
- Speak with your local governments (Tenino or Bucoda City Council, Thurston County Board of Commissioners) about issues and solutions you see.
- Join one of our coalition work group teams.
- Get on our mailing list (On this current page, there is a widget for joining that specific mailing list. Can we use a similar concept and have that go to our specific Constant Contact mailing list? I’m not sure how that works, but we should be able to work together to figure that out... http://www.thurstontogether.org/whatWeDo/CM-Coalitions/coalitions/tenino-bucoda.html)
- Like and follow B-THAT on Facebook: www.facebook.com/teninobucodahat
- Call or email us to learn more. Contact:
Coalition Manager: Wayne Dixon
Phone: 360.999.0549 (cell); 360.264.3524 (Tenino)
Thurston County Drug Action Team works to prevent and reduce the harmful effects of substance abuse in our community through education, policy and systems change. We mobilize volunteers and professionals to prevent youth drug abuse and change systems to improve individual and community health. To accomplish this, we host an annual educational conference each spring for prevention and treatment professionals, community volunteers, law enforcement, school staff and others. The 2017 conference is called Focus on the Future Together (formerly called Substance Abuse: A Community Response.) Click here for more information about the conference or to register. Click here to see photos from the 2016 Substance Abuse: A Community Response conference. Questions about the conference? Click here to email us with conference questions or ideas (firstname.lastname@example.org).
Tumwater United for Families (TUFF)
Tuff Mission: Provide a community partnership that promotes a safe, supportive environment for Tumwater youth and their families.
To learn more about TUFF or to become a TUFF partner email (email@example.com)
TUFF Youth Scholarship Program:
The goal of the Tumwater United for Families (TUFF) Youth Scholarship Program is to help make established youth activity programs accessible to children of low-income families.
Scholarships are available to all youth up through 12th grade, who live within the Tumwater School District or Tumwater Urban Growth Boundaries. Youth must qualify for the federal Free Lunch Program. If not in the Free Lunch Program, families must meet the criteria for acceptance to the program. Scholarships may be used for any program offered for youth, including sports, arts, educational and recreational programs. Private lessons will not be funded.
To apply for a scholarship, complete the application form and mail it in, along with verification of eligibility for the Free Lunch Program and a completed registration form for the program in which you wish to enroll.
Mail applications to:
Tumwater Parks & Recreation
555 Israel Road SW
Tumwater, WA 98501
Or email materials to: